Friday, September 9, 2016

Desire For God –Psalm 63

Desire For God Psalm 63

 

“God, you are my God, I am seeking you, my soul is thirsting for you, my flesh is longing for you, a land parched, weary and waterless; I long to gaze on you in the Sanctuary …” (Ps 63:1)

 

          Lord, your Word is a Love Song –a Revelation of what Love awaits the Soul seeking its Creator.  We are created for You.  Our entire Being, body and soul, Longs for You, as parched earth for water.  Yet, our nature cannot hold this Truth, having only vague Feelings of Incompleteness, as we gaze upon your stars.

 

“…and to see your power and glory …Your love is better than life itself, my lips will recite your praise; all my life I will bless you, in your name lift up my hands; my soul will feast most richly, on my lips a song of joy and, in my mouth, praise.” (Ps 63:2-5)

 

When Grace kisses our Blindness, and we are Awakened from Death; when your Light emblazons our soul, our heart swoons at Love’s First Taste.  When your Spirit fills our soul, as wind a sail, Love’s Joy demands a Response -your Praises must be sung.  Our heart is flung toward You, our journey toward Union begins.

 

“On my bed I think of you, I meditate on you all night long for you have always helped me.  I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings; my soul clings close to you, your right hand supports me.” (Ps 63:6-8)

         Having dipped our Dry Morsel into the Wine of your Cup, we can only desire more.  Our Lowliness is displaced with Glory, our Tears transcend to Song.  Love’s Yearning longs to Cling –as a child to Mother, as beloved to Spouse, until two become One.  Only in You, oh Lord, is our soul at Rest.