Thursday, January 28, 2016

Mercy Becomes You

Mercy Becomes You

My Beloved,
           Mercy is Love Unmerited; it is Love breaking the bounds of Justice; it is loving the Undeserved, forgiving the Unforgivable; befriending the Forgotten; it is bringing hope to the Broken.  But you know this, because I have shown you my Mercy.
           As Love-Received demands return, so Mercy-Received must be given in kind.  In finding my Mercy, you have found your God.  In finding your God, you have found yourself.  Your voice is now my Voice.  Your face is now my Face.  You have your Father’s Eyes.  Your life is now my Love.
           Release yourself into my Holy Spirit, for I am sending you into the world, not to condemn it, but to brighten it with my Love.  Avail yourself to my Broken Hearted.  Show them my Face.  Invite my Downtrodden into your eyes; give them refuge in my Love; let your smile penetrate their loneliness.
           Hold out your hand to those who have fallen low; reach out to them with my Mercy; lift them up with my Hope.  Open your arms to my Forsaken; dry their tears in your Breast; draw them into my Heart.
          My Beloved, I have forgiven your sins, healed your wounds, and filled your emptiness.  You must now love with the Love I have given you.  I have seized your spirit with my Holy Spirit.  You have tasted the Joy of my unjust Mercy.  Go now, make my Joy complete, share it with those for whom I weep.