Tuesday, March 8, 2016

If I But Had A Sign

If I But Had A Sign

         Last night, I was tired Lord.  The day was long, and I was wearied by its pain.  In my weakness, I felt all alone.  In the darkness, a sign of your Love, I could not see.  I fell asleep telling myself it was not so.
         This morning, you opened my eyes to your blue sky.  I opened your Word, and you revived my soul.  I prayed, and your friendship was made new.
         Lord, the air I breathe, is a sign of your presence, carrying the Whisperings of your Holy Spirit.
         Every drop of rain is a sign of your Living Water, of the New Life you are offering me.
         Every star in heaven’s night is a sign of your Power over Darkness, of Hope’s victory.
         The earth I stand upon points to your Love, as you created it to sustain me.
         Even if I shut tight my eyes, and close off my ears, your Glory is sung with each beat of my heart –for I am your Sign, my Lord.  I exist to sing your Praise.  I am, because you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment